Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I change the automatic gear box oil on a Honda HRV?

1999 model


please explain the procedure - is it a simple 'under the bonnet top-up' or is it more complicated?How do I change the automatic gear box oil on a Honda HRV?
http://www.hondasuv.com/members/





I will try to find info there maybe some info or worth asking on this site which has an HRV section.How do I change the automatic gear box oil on a Honda HRV?
Topping up is a simple under the bonnet procedure, draining is generally a lot more complicated.





Whilst I can't speak about Honda gearboxes, many automatic transmissions don't have a drain plug, the fluid is changed by dropping the entire oilpan, unless you have a ramp or inspection pit, this can be an awkward, messy job.





I would be inclined to call at your local dealer and ask a friendly mechanic if it's got a plug, they're normally quite helpfull.

No comments:

Post a Comment