Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I use the Car transmission gear oil on my dirtbike?

I heard some people using automotive engine oil on their motorcycle


how true is this?Can I use the Car transmission gear oil on my dirtbike?
Transmission (gear) oil and engine oil are not the same. Do not get them confused with each other.





The place gear oil gets used is as chain lube.Can I use the Car transmission gear oil on my dirtbike?
no bike engines run under more stress and the oil is designed to protect under these conditions, as for car oil it is more or less designed to run under normal working conditions and will break down and turn to black **** very quickly
No u may not use transmittion oil in ur dirt bike but engine oil will be fine as long as we afre talking about the crank case but check ur owners manual to see if u need the zinc and phospherous modern oils dont use anymore
i use 20w50 synthetic both in motor and trans pretty much since ive had my bike which has over 70,000 miles has let me down yet but better to use right weight ive use mobil one and gastrol with no problems
DO NOT USE CAR TRANSMISSION GEAR OIL IN YOUR BIKE. 10W30 automotive engine oil is what you are supposed to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment