Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Where do I put tranny fluid/Gear oil in the front end of my 96 Neon Standard?

Just put a spec stage 2 clutch in my neon, and this might be the dumbest question you have ever read, but where the heck to I add the oil in the front end? There is no dip stick for the transmission fluid (Car is a standard) and I need to add the oil because obviously all the fluid drained out of the tranny when I dropped it.Where do I put tranny fluid/Gear oil in the front end of my 96 Neon Standard?
another thing on that plug if you do rip it off auto zone can easily get you one, in fact they keep these in stock on the help line of auto parts that they carry,they do tear apart pretty easy ,good luck.Where do I put tranny fluid/Gear oil in the front end of my 96 Neon Standard?
First, you can't use regular motor oil in your trans. You need something like what chrysler sells, that was designed for the Neon's 5spd.





Now, adding oil. It isn't easy. Take off the driver's wheel. Then you should see a rubber plug on the trans. Its down low towards the rear.





Becareful on removing that plug. They tend to dry out with age. You can easily rip off the grab handle of the plug.





later

No comments:

Post a Comment