Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Where do I check the gear oil on my 95 probe?

I just bought a 95 probe and now it won't go into 1st and has to be forced into reverse. The nice man who helped me move it from the middle of the street told me to check the gear fluid. I have the owner's manual as well as the Haynes, but there are no pictures of this mysterious dipstick. I looked next to the brake fluid reservoir but could not see any reservoir or dipstick...even though the Haynes says there is one. Does anyone know a site that will show me a picture of what I am looking for?Where do I check the gear oil on my 95 probe?
too check the the gear oil level you have to remove the vss( vehicle speed sensor) you also fill it in that hole, sounds like you have a clutch issue to meWhere do I check the gear oil on my 95 probe?
It should be on the transmission somewhere, of course. I dont see there being a dipstick, because usually they just use a plug. Should be a drain plug on the bottom and a check plug on the side. Pull the check plug, and see how far down the level is. If the car wont go into 1st, I dont see there being a fix to just putting oil in it. Probably going to be looking for a new transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment