Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Where do I put in gear oil in my 1990 Toyota Corolla (automatic transmission)?

I am trying to find where I put in the gear oil for my car, I have found where I am to drain it, but where do I refill it? Should I be looking under the car, or under the hood?Where do I put in gear oil in my 1990 Toyota Corolla (automatic transmission)?
under hood and down thru the tiny dipstick tube, the same place you check the fluid level, its a pain and you need a funnel with a tiny end, then after filling you have to wait for fluid to drain down or the fluid in tube will give you false full readingWhere do I put in gear oil in my 1990 Toyota Corolla (automatic transmission)?
Usually the transmission fluid (not gear oil) is added through the tube that holds the dipstick. Make sure you use the right fluid. It will probably specify on the dipstick itself. Make sure not to overfill it.
Probably through the dipstick tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment