Saturday, December 26, 2009

This may be a stupid question to ask, but does anyone know how to clean gear oil out of a seat in a car?

My boyfriends dad accidently spilled gear oil in the fron seat of my car. I have tried dawn, carpet cleaner and febreze to cover up the smell. Nothing seems to work. I am up for any options at this point to get the smell and the oil out. I have to have my 3yr old in the car everyday. Please help!!!!This may be a stupid question to ask, but does anyone know how to clean gear oil out of a seat in a car?
the only way you can really deal with oil is with sand or hair. seriously. get a hair dresser (if you know one) to collect hair for you and try to soak it that way. or use sand. sounds crazy, but those are the only two solutions i can think of.This may be a stupid question to ask, but does anyone know how to clean gear oil out of a seat in a car?
Maybe this will work! Good Luck!





2 tablespoons salt dissolved


1/2 cup white vinegar


2 tablespoons borax





Apply, let dry, then vacuum
K2R works to draw oil based fluids out, but it is likely soaked into the cushion. You will probably have to replace the cushion

No comments:

Post a Comment