Saturday, December 26, 2009

How often should I change my rear end gear oil for my 84 Dodge Ram?

if you,ll change it once every 24 thousand miles it will make the rear end last longer,and its not very expensive to do this,the book says ever 36 thousand miles,but i found that doing it more often keeps the gears in better shape,some people wont change it but every 50 thousand and that's too long to run any thing in a vehicle,good luck with it.How often should I change my rear end gear oil for my 84 Dodge Ram?
your welcome.i help keep a lot of vehicles going,hopefully we can keep yours going,good luck. Report Abuse
How often should I change my rear end gear oil for my 84 Dodge Ram?
Check with dealer or go to library and check a manual on your vehicle.
not very often.when i aquire a used car or truck,i change it,and all the other fluids,unless theres been problems with the rear end,i'd every 40 or fifty thousand miles.most people never change it,and quick oil change places,only addd to it,if needed,,,,if it's noisy i'd change it and use some lucas gear oil addative...

No comments:

Post a Comment