Friday, December 18, 2009

What can I use to get the smell of burnt gear oil out of my car?

The inside of my SUV reeks of the stuff. I tried using sterno to slowly steam a pot of vinegar and water in it. Now my car smells a lot like burnt gear oil and a little like vinegar. The answer I'm not looking for is ';get it detailed';. Thanks in advance!What can I use to get the smell of burnt gear oil out of my car?
did you try Febreeze? It sucks having to smell gear oil, Hope something works for you. maybe try renting a steam cleaner and using a deodorizer?What can I use to get the smell of burnt gear oil out of my car?
Any good in-car air freshener.


Then clean your engine with Gunk and fix the oil leak.


Also check that the rubber seal aroung you gear (shift) stick is sealing properly and is not damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment