Friday, December 18, 2009

How much gear oil in a 1997 Mustang Cobra?

Flushing my gear oil in my cobra. How much to put in to fill to the max?How much gear oil in a 1997 Mustang Cobra?
Not sure exactly but I always bought 3 quarts and had some left when I setup gears for people. Somewhere around 2 1/2 would be my guess but not over 3.How much gear oil in a 1997 Mustang Cobra?
I normally fill any car or truck up to the fill plug when it just starts to seep out of the fill hole. then I check it to make sure its not a bubble or something making it do that.
well i would put bout 3 or 4 in it then i would put my fig in the hole and if gear oil one it itz fill but if not i put more to it til the gear oil was one my fig when i check it
there should be fill line in the inside of the differential number...





i would say maybe a minimum 2 quarts of lucas gear oil...
I am thinking around 3.6 Quarts of GM Syncromesh is what you want to put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment