Friday, December 18, 2009

I took apart my pressure washer pump and gear oil has spilled all over. How do I reassemble?

I took apart my Karcher K2400HH pressure washer pump unit from the engine and now gear oil is all over on the ground. I think I took the whole pump unit out and now I need to reassemble it back again. How do I put it back together, where do I fill the oil back in and what type of gear oil should I use? Any help would be appreciated.I took apart my pressure washer pump and gear oil has spilled all over. How do I reassemble?
I had the same problem with a Generac Model No 1537 2400PSI washer.!!! This unit has a 5.5 HP Honda engine.


I'm a builder, and one of my customers gave me this pressure washer after he had problems with it. Seems he left it with the gas in it for years and gummed up the carb. He told me his daughter ran it without the water turned on and burned up the pressure pump. He bought a new pump, but had no idea how to replace it. When I removed the old pump, I had a flood of oil on the garage floor. The new pump was a Briggs and Stratton kit #193473GS, and did not have the wet bearings of the original. It bolted right up to the bottom of the engine and works like a charm.. It took a little cleaning with Gum-out to get the engine running, but now it works fine.


I remember that there was a drain plug on the side of the pump shaft housing, but nowhere in the service manual did it tell you what weight oil went in there ,or how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment