Monday, April 26, 2010

I have trouble putting My 1990 honda accord ex into first gear. the clutch is good, does the gear box need oil

I figured the clutch was going.. but it hasnt popped out at the topp when i let go it starts goin when i let the clutch go all the way at the bottom.. i think the gear box needs oil...I have trouble putting My 1990 honda accord ex into first gear. the clutch is good, does the gear box need oil
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR SYNCHRONIZER RING IS GONE , THAT IS THE BRASS GEAR THAT ALIENS YOUR STEEL GEARS SO THEY DON'T GRIND AS YOU GO INTO GEAR OR WHEN YOU SHIFT GEARS . AS FAR AS CHANGING THE GEAR LUBE . GOES , DO IT EVERY 50,000 MILES . IT'S GEAR LUBE NOT OIL OR FLUID , MOST MANUALS USE 85 - 90 WEIGHT , CHECK YOUR SPECKS FOR SURE .I have trouble putting My 1990 honda accord ex into first gear. the clutch is good, does the gear box need oil
How often do you flush and change your transmission fluid. it should be done every 10,000 miles or at least 20,000
ouch, you got troubles there. ';oil'; (and i hope you dont mean regular oil) will NOT help you here. go take it to a shop that specializes in tranny repair. most offer a free inspection.


This is something that wont fix itself and is only going to get worse. dont wait.


good luck.


~Steve
Maybe so!
yes it does and change your transmission fluid to
  • gas mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment