Monday, April 26, 2010

HEY DIYers and Gear-heads! Do you treat oil changes to your project car different from your daily driver?

Do you use better oil in your '68 Chevy than you do your truck? Do you let the mileage in your daily driver go a little (or a lot) longer than you would with your project car? HEY DIYers and Gear-heads! Do you treat oil changes to your project car different from your daily driver?
nope I change my oil on all cars regularly at 6 months or 5K miles which ever comes firstHEY DIYers and Gear-heads! Do you treat oil changes to your project car different from your daily driver?
Since daily drivers are usually lower power and aren't run as hard as project cars of course you use better oil/filters in them. You can technically let your cars go for 5k miles without an issue with the oil but I would never let my project go past 3500.


I user synthetic 5w30 in my project with high performance filter and regular 5w30 with standard filter in DD.
no, why would i wait to change the life blood of either. the oil is what keeps my project running and my daily driver also. i am typically doing the oil change every 3000 miles. and every thing else is up to date also.
Nope. Oil is cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment