Friday, January 8, 2010

I have a 50 cc, single cylinder, 4 stroke moped, and I need to know how to change the gear oil?

There's a sticker on the bike which tells me to change the gear oil (GL3) every 1000 miles. I bought it used, so I don't have a manual, and I can't find where to put the oil, nor how much to use.


'I have a 50 cc, single cylinder, 4 stroke moped, and I need to know how to change the gear oil?
all bikes/scooters are different....if you update the question with the make and model,ill be back to check.I have a 50 cc, single cylinder, 4 stroke moped, and I need to know how to change the gear oil?
U know all mopes or bike are made by different manufactures, and yours is made with?? U did not provide a name of your cycle to tell you where to look,As I have had so many of them, they are located in different places. Ignore the comments on some of those who only say simple things and not mention where, when and how to do things,But next time, give an indication to what year, model the bike is, OK! Have a great week.
Call a local dealer or the web and ask the capacity of a 50cc.


The drain is on the bottom,probably a 19mm, drain and replace.


the fill port will be on top of the engine case usually on the right side,with scooter on center stand pull the bolt out, it may have a dip stick on it,But fill it with small amounts at a time.
You could look it up in the Owner's Manual, or you could get a device to drain the oil from the dipstick hole, yes, they make them for cars. But they work on two wheeled vehicles as well, and it would be better to do it this way, than not to do it at all.
take the plug out the bottom drain it then put it back in
most drains wil be on bottom and many have a plug on side of trans to fil thru
Year, make and model?


Or, try searching out the Make/Model. I'm sure you will be able to find an online manual for free somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment